Monday, September 1, 2008

RAMADHAN AL-MUBARAK

Today is the first day of Ramadhan and I am taking this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Ramadhan. This year is going to be the fifth year I'm spending the fasting month with my mum and the fourth year without my dad. He passed away in 2005, a year after I got my transfer back to my hometown. The heavens shed their tears last night which makes the weather cool and nice today and I see it as a blessing from Allah. Today is also a public holiday and it means that a lot of people will be able to enjoy the breaking of fast with their family members. I'm not sure what I'll be preparing today. Something simple and wholesome maybe. I'm hoping I won't be seduced by the aroma of the food and kuehs sold at the Pasar Ramadhan. Every year, we tend to spend unnecessarily on things that we don't really need during the fasting month. I also received quite a number of text messages from friends and colleagues last night and I apologise if I did not reply some of them. So to those who did not receive any reply from me, I'm wishing all of you a Happy Ramadhan.