Tuesday, August 4, 2009

AM I REALLY OUTDATED?

Am I really outdated? Do I need to upgrade myself? I ask myself these questions all the time. Every time I surf the Internet, I will find something new and totally alien to me. I wonder if my life will be better if I keep myself up-to-date with whatever that is new and recent. Is it necessary for me to buy the latest cell phone with the latest applications and features so as not to be left behind? Do I need to learn a new IT programme just to make sure I am indeed in the know? Do I have to listen to new songs so I can have something in common with my hip friends? Do I? Or don't I? I ask myself these questions simply because I don't want to be a blind follower of a trend or a fad. Many of us fall into traps set by others who have been trapped by others (who have been trapped by others too). We buy something not because we we need to but because we feel we need to. We do something because we see others are doing it. Is it necessary to do all that? Well, it is definitely important to keep abreast with development but to become its victims is something all of us can do without. I believe we have more choices now compared to the past and because of that, we don't necessarily have to follow all trends and fads which are shoved down our throats. We can choose whatever that suits our current needs. At the same time, it is also important to embrace what's 'current' in order to survive. A lot of companies have gone under due to their inability to move on and there are countless institutions which have become static due to lack of progress and development. At the same time, certain things are better the way they are intended to be in the first place. So back to my question. Do I need to upgrade myself? To answer that, I think I'd better stick with fadzali XP instead of ugrading myself to fadzali 7. I'm quite happy with fadzali XP's operating system at the moment and I guess I can still survive without crashing...