Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'M NOT PERFECT BUT I'M PERFECT FOR YOU

Why do people get married? There must be a thousand reasons that one can give to justify their decision. Some of them can be quite shallow and some can be as deep as the the bluest ocean. Whatever the reason is, I think it is important for couples to review the decision that they have made when they said their vows to spend their life together. I have seen a few friends of mine who somehow have lost the sparkle of their married life. One of the most asked questions in newspapers, magazines and the mass media posed to celebrities and non-celebrities alike is 'what kind of wedding would you like to have?' Real shallow if you really think about it. Some of them would go into details that they have always wanted to have a garden wedding, beach wedding or any other types of weddings that fit the current style and trend. Then, they go on telling about the places that they plan to go to for their honeymoon. I am yet to see any magazines coming up with in-depth interviews regarding the type of marriage they would like to have. A lot of young people today are really into weddings (including me and the not so young ones too, of course) but not that many go beyond their honeymoon when it comes to planning their marriage. We can always plan and have a perfect wedding but we can never have a perfect marriage. Some of my friends who are aware of my single status ask me if I agree that being single can be unhealthy? Yes, I agree that loneliness can be harmful but it surely beats an unhappy marriage. My Kak Whitney Houston is definitely right when she says she would 'rather be alone than unhappy' in her song "It's Not Right But It's Okay'. Marriage is all about accepting your partner for who or what he or she is. Some people can only see the flaws in their partners after being married for a while. I guess when we are in love, we are easily blinded by the notion of love itself. Love can be beautiful but it is not always beautiful. It can be painful and frustrating too. It can heal but when it hurts, it hurts deep. We can never be perfect but we can always be the perfect partner for someone. And during the mean time, I'm going to keep on looking...