Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LET'S KARAOKE 11 : JANET JACKSON - AGAIN

I have always liked Janet (Miss Jackson if you're nasty) since she came out with her third album 'Control' back in 1986. What she lacks in terms of vocal prowess (she is definitely no Celine Dion), she always compensates with interesting video clips and catchy songs. Known for upbeat and dance-oriented songs, she sometimes came up with ballads such as 'Let's Wait A While', 'Come Back To Me' and my favourite 'Again'. 'Again' is taken from 'janet', her fifth and in my opinion, her best album so far. There are two versions of the video clip. One of them contains scenes from her debut film 'Poetic Justice' and for this karaoke, this is the version that I have chosen.

The single's cover



A wise man once said, "You should look at the ocean and realise that no matter how famous you are or how much money
you make, you should know that you'll never be as important as the ocean."

I heard from a friend today
And she said you were in town
Suddenly the memories came back to me in my mind

How can I be strong I've asked myself
Time and time I've said
That I'll never fall in love with you again

A wounded heart you gave
My soul you took away
Good intentions you had many
I know you did


I come from a place that hurts
And God knows how I've cried
And I never want to return
Never fall again

Making love to you
Oh it felt so good and oh so right
How can I be strong I've asked myself
Time and time I've said
That I'll never fall in love with you again

So here we are alone again
Didn't think it'd come to this

And to know it all began
With just a little kiss

I've come too close to happiness
To have it swept away
Don't think I can take the pain
Never fall again

Kinda late in the game and my heart is in your hands
Don't you stand there and then tell me you love me
Then leave again
'Cause I'm falling in love with you again

Hold me, hold me
Don't ever let me go

Say it just one time
Say you love me
God knows I do love you again