Saturday, January 2, 2010

NEW YEAR BABIES

It seems that I am the only one in my household who is not reproducing (by choice, of course). One of my cats gave birth to her second batch of kittens today. Instinctively, I knew she was about to give birth when she kept coming to me as if to tell me something. Maybe she thought I was a cat midwife! As much as I loved her, giving birth was something that she had to go through alone. I prepared a box lined with newspaper for her and kept her locked in the bathroom. True to my prediction, she gave birth not long after that. Her babies from her first birth are all gone except one and it didn't take long for her to start mating again. Some of my friends have suggested sending her to the clinic so she can be spayed. As tempting as it sounds, I cannot imagine myself doing that and denying her the right of becoming a mother. At the meantime, I guess I have to accept the fact that I am going to be the caretaker of this 'cathouse'. If only the cats were humans, I would have made lots and lots of money!