Wednesday, June 3, 2009

YOU'RE SO FAKE I CAN SPOT YOU A MILE AWAY

I'm not a very good judge of people's character but I've been meeting a lot of fake people lately and it's driving me nuts. I can't stand them but at the same time, I don't feel like telling it straight to their faces (does this make me a fake too?). Usually, I'd go with the flow of the moment and after my unfortunate encounter with them is over, I try my best not to be in their company anymore. I'd pretend to be totally engrossed in something or in a rush whenever I see them coming. That is usually the strategy that I use. But I have to admit that it is not a very good strategy. Some of them will continue to seek you out since they know that you have something that they want or there is something in store for them. Sometimes, you don't even have anything to offer them but by making themselves look impressive, they think they can command respect from you. Most of them can be really manipulative and scheming. They will wield their most powerful weapons and strategies to lure you into their traps and before you can say 'fake', you are already enchanted and blinded by their charm. A few will go at all costs to impress you with all sorts of tales and stories. Just like any other fake goodies (which will not last long), their tall stories somehow can't stand the test of time and before long, all of them will fall apart at the seams. Still, this doesn't seem to have any effects on these people. They will go on creating more impressive and outlandish stories to tell others. Can't they at least put their talents to good use? Write children's stories or scripts for soap operas for goodness sake. I'm sure there is a wider market for that and of course, the money is good too. Don't bore me and don't waste my time. If I want to hear something totally absurd, I can always switch on the TV and watch the reruns of 'The Young And The Restless' or 'Santa Barbara'.