Wednesday, May 27, 2009

THE BATHROOM SINGER : ARE YOU READY FOR ANOTHER SONG?

I truly believe that there are many of us who are bathroom singers. Don't deny it, okay? There is something about the bathroom that makes us want to sing or at least hum a tune. I attribute this to the acoustics and the atmosphere in the bathroom itself. Somehow, our voices sound better, richer and deeper when we sing in the bathroom, especially when we are under the shower. It is also possible that being in a bathroom provides us with a personal space that nobody can enter (unless you are taking a shower with another person) so we tend to let go of all inhibitions. There have been a few instances when my family members had to tell me to bring the volume down (to shut up, actually) since I was taking my bathroom singing session to another level (can't they tell that I'm in Carnegie Hall?). Well, I might wake up from my reverie for a while but usually, it doesn't take long for me to get back into my singing mood again. This usually pisses them off since I can stay in the bathroom forever. I feel that the longer I stay in there, the better my voice is going to be. Very misleading, I know but allow this man to feed his ego once in a while. Now, what about the choice of songs? I have a tendency to choose really upbeat songs or downright sentimental ones. Don't ask me why. I don't know why. I know what I like but I don't know why I like it and there is no need for me to explain it to anybody. I am yet to do a duet and I don't think I will be doing one anytime soon. This means the bathroom is mine, all mine!