Sunday, July 12, 2009

A LOVE STORY : A DIFFERENT STORY

In the first movie, he stayed on her deathbed until her last breath. In the movie sequel, he was still unable to let go of his memories of her. In real life, it's a different story altogether. On her deathbed, he said he would marry her and held her hand until the end. A few days after her death, he could be seen frolicking on a beach with another woman. I am truly devastated and I don't know why I feel betrayed. I'm sure whatever love Ryan O'Neal had for Farrah is long gone but to be seen having fun like that is just plain disrespectful. I thought he was mourning the loss of his life-long partner though they had been living apart for quite some time. After she was diagnosed with anal cancer, he went back to her to provide support. I see some similarities here and there as in the movie but they end there. Well, I guess I just have to stop romanticising everything I watch since it's not healthy for me emotionally. From now on, every time I see or smell love in the air, I will tell myself that it is too good to be true. But I know old habits die hard and before long, I will be the old fool for love once again.