Wednesday, March 25, 2009

CIK YA'S PASSING AND FOOART'S BIRTHDAY

I don't even know how to start this entry but I have to. I know I will feel guilty for the rest of my life if I don't write something about the things which happened today. My buddy, my homeboy, my ace boon coon, Fooart, celebrates his birthday today. I did not have anything planned for him but a few days ago, I asked his assistant, Intan, to get a birthday cake for him since I will not be in town to celebrate it with him. My plan was to have a small celebration this weekend with a few friends and probably, I would get something from Taiping for him. It was 7.30 this morning when another friend of mine, Coco, called me up telling me another friend of ours, Cik Ya, had passed away. Coco was crying like a baby and I was too shocked to say anything. It was only a few days ago when all of us went to visit Cik Ya at his mother's place. He was very sick but he refused to go to the hospital. Upon our insistence, we managed to get him to the hospital at 11.30 p.m. Doctors did not find anything wrong with him so we were quite perplexed what could have caused him to be that way. Results from the lab showed the blood and sputum tests that he took were negative. We had noticed earlier that he was coughing quite a lot and he had lost a considerable amount of weight due to lack of appetite. He also vomited every time he tried to eat something. We had never expected him to leave us so fast. He was a jolly person and now, another bright light in our lives has gone, leaving us to depend on each other for comfort and support. There were a lot of things that we wanted to do together but now, I guess we never will. Fooart's birthday will never be the same again. Cik Ya, we will miss you and we will always remember the times we had together.
Al Fatihah.